Monday, July 1, 2013

Looking Back and Moving Forward

I just looked at my blog from July 1st 2011. I had been running and working out for 6 months at this point, and I had lost over 71 pounds.  I have started over the whole process this year.  I have been working out for 3 months and really watching my diet for a few weeks. I am excited to see what I did a few years ago, but I am also discouraged that I lost it all.

I am not sure how much I weigh now; my scale really doesn't work.  I know seeing the progress I have made in the last three months should encourage me and help me focus, but right now I am feeling frustrated.  Why is it so easy to back track?


I used to tell a joke in my stand-up about how if Oprah with all her billions of dollars kept going up and down in weight, it is okay that I do it.  It isn't okay.  I gained almost 100 pounds in 7 months... It took me over a year to take 90 off, and then I put it all back on. Not cool.


So I know this process isn't a 5-minute montage, and it takes a lot of hard work.  I know this, because I have done it.  I am doing it again.  If you have worked hard for something, don't give it up.  It isn't worth it.  Keep moving ahead.  Listen to your body.

It is hard to think "what if".

Well, what if I pull my head out of my butt and keep up the good work?  I am feeling good and working hard. The weight will come off, and I will be stronger.

6 comments:

Debbie @ Live from La Quinta said...

I love following your journey. This time it's gonna stick.

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table said...

It happens to the best of us... the important thing is to get back on that horse and learn from whatever made you fall before.

Also, I want to steal that last graphic. Hahaha!

Elena Sonnino said...

Yes---this was a good reminder for me--as I am in a similar place. I am at my heaviest right now--and I know that although I am telling myself that I am making good choices- there are things that I need to tweak and do better. It will stick...because we want it to....even if it takes a bit longer than we'd like.

Kierston @candyfit said...

You are back at it and, that's what matters most! Keep it going! :)

Anonymous said...

Just want you to know that your honesty inspires many and that you have lots of people cheering you on. You CAN do it and you WILL do it. :)

Anonymous said...

Not sure why that didn't log me in - that last comment is from me - Erin at See Mom Run Far. :)