Thursday, November 3, 2011

Alarm Clock Blues....

I was really looking forward to my run this morning.   I knew it was going to be cold and that really didn't bother me... Remember, I bought tights!  But for whatever reason, I turned off my alarm clock in my sleep or my 4 am alarm didn't go off.  Not happy I missed my run this morning.  I might do an easy few miles Friday morning. 

I need to get to bed earlier.  How do you all get to bed early?  I have always been a night person, and I find it hard to go to bed early.

Bass Pro in 3 days!!!

4 comments:

it's all about pace said...

I used to be a night person but no more... I find that if I'm just too exhausted to make it past 10 PM then I have had a good day of training

Amy said...

I have an alarm on my phone set for 4:45am M-F, and a backup alarm set for 4:50 am on my nightstand. I never hit snooze, it's a mental thing... some days, it's hard to get out of that warm bed but I try to visualize how much better my day will be if I get my gym time in :)

Terzah said...

I hate missing runs, too, and am also bad at going to bed early. In fact, I made my husband promise that he will MAKE me go to bed at 9 every night for a week. (I can't on Tuesdays because I work late, but I'll go to bed as soon as I can afterwards.) I want to see if this makes a difference in my energy level for running...and everything else.

gba_gf said...

the secret to being a marathoner who runs in the morning is to train yourself to go to bed at the same time every night. true story. It takes a few weeks, but if you consistently go at the same time, your body will learn to fall immediately asleep. Now the bad thing is that because I go to bed at 10pm every night, I have a hard time staying up past 10 on the nights when I would *like* to. Still 10pm - 4am... not a lot of sleep, some times I splurge and sleep till 4:30.... and my husband loathes that I refer to a 6am alarm as "sleeping in".