Friday, November 18, 2011

Changes

Okay, I am going to be honest.  My life is about to be thrown into a lot of changes.  Anytime it happens, I turn to food.  Starting a new job has messed me up before. 

I am trying to be proactive, and I want to be ready for what comes my way.  For 5 weeks, my shift will be 7 am to 3:30 pm.  That will not be bad. I will be able to get my run in and get to work on time, just won't get to go to boot camp.  But starting the new year, I start a 5:30 pm to 2 am shift.  The shift isn't going to be hard for me (I am a night person,) it's just what I will have to do next.  I will have to stay up and go run and then sleep after.  I know I can do it, it is just getting into the habit.  I really want to be ready for my marathon.

I will need your help to keep me accountable and on track.  I know when things will get hard and need help, and this is one of those times!

3 comments:

Kris said...

You can do it!! I will hound you everyday! :) And mostly just because I will miss you every single day.... BLEH.

Caroline said...

you can do it! it may take a few days to adjust but you will!

Unknown said...

As somebody who works the STRANGEST hours sometimes in the dispatch center, let me tell you: you can totally do this! First and foremost, guard your sleep. Sleep is a precious, body-fueling resource and you need to give your body time to adjust to your new schedule. I had to give myself a couple of days to resituate my body and my mind before I was able to continue on with all of my social and athletic activities. It takes time, but just like in running, you have to get over the mental aspect of it all. Find a new routine and rock it! Stay positive and BREATHE!