Tuesday, November 1, 2011

November is GREAT!

Good run this morning.  We ran 5 miles this morning. I could've done without the stomach cramps, but hey, you take the good with the bad.  Like I said yesterday, it is time to refocus and kick some butt these last two months.  I have some pounds to lose and some miles to run.  I am excited!

Shannon gave us our marathon training program this morning.  Not going to lie, I had the deer-in-the-headlights look when I saw it.  Those miles jumped off the page.  I know I can do it, though.  It is called work for a reason, and if it were easy, everyone would be running marathons.  Only 1% of the world's population will ever run a marathon.  I am going to be one of them!

I feel ready for my half marathon this weekend.  13.1 miles are going to fly by! 

Also, I brought about 5-6 pounds of candy to work today.  My kids got a lot, and we had leftovers.  I am going to let my co-workers eat it all.  No way my family is going to have that in our house! Below is a list of my meals for the day.

Breakfast:
Breakfast Burrito
  1 Egg
  Slice of Cheese
  2 Slices of Ham
  Salsa Verde
10 am Snack:
  Apple
  Raspberry Yogurt
Lunch:
  Healthy Choice Chicken Parmasana 350 Cal
3pm snack:
   Orange
Dinner:
   Stuffed Baked Potato with Salad

5 comments:

Wonder_Stevie08.10 said...

Your meals and snacks sound really good bro. I must be hungry or something. I'll go eat something healthy I suppose.

Unknown said...

You can run the marathon! Great job getting the candy out of the house.

Anonymous said...

The journey is the reward! Good luck at the BP run!

Terzah said...

I did the same thing with my kids' candy. I'm glad your month is off to a good start. :^)

gba_gf said...

Try not to get caught up in reading through the marathon training plan... by the time you get up to those "50 miles a week" and "20 mile runs" you will be thinking, "why was I worried about this again? This is just where I'm supposed to be".

And it's true. You are supposed to be here. You can do anything you put your mind to if you're dedicated. (Which you obviously are)