Tuesday, November 29, 2011

New Job

So, good things happen to those who wait.  I am a strong believer in this because of my new job.  I have waited for 3 years to find a new job, and I started one this week.  I started working for Hotels.com/Expedia.com.  It is a great company to work for and has amazing perks and benefits.  One of the best things is they will help pay for my running addiction! They give employees $400 a year to do whatever we want with as long as it is health related.  I would have to pay for the marathon or 5k and then submit a proof of payment and proof that it was fitness related, and they will reimburse me on my next paycheck.  How freaking cool is that!

So basically, Jenn and I are able to run Chicago this year.  We were not sure how we were going to afford it, but now they will pay for our hotel and the race.

It has only been Day Two of training, but it seems really easy and fun.  Lots of opportunities to make some serious $$$ as well.

My 12 mile training run last weekend went really well.  I was just 10 min off our half marathon time.  That is really good for it being a training run. Amy was a champ and rocked the whole thing with me!  

I ran 5 miles this morning; it wasn't the best 5 miles of my life and most was solo.  I had some tummy issues about 3 miles in, and that is never fun to run with. The good thing about my run this morning is that it put me at 101 miles for the month.  My run Wednesday is just adding to that.  It looks like I will have 105 miles.  That is a new month record for me!

Love my healthy lifestyle and cannot wait for things to keep getting better.  Love life!

3 comments:

Terzah said...

Congrats on the job, Chris, and what a great perk!

it's all about pace said...

congrats on the job and breaking 100

Ginger said...

Somebody paying you to be active is a nice incentive! WTG