Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Weekend PR and 8 Mile Follow-Up

Our family had a really good running weekend.  My speedy wife ran the Shelby's Run 10K in our town Saturday morning.  She got first overall female.  Ran it in 47 min and PR'ed (first 10k ever).  She is speedy!  The great thing about seeing my wife grow in her running is seeing her confidence in herself grow.  She is FINALLY realizing the potential she has and how really blessed she is to have such a natural talent. 



I then ran my 5k that night in Joplin.  I got a new PR!  I was able to do it in 31:07.  That was about two minutes off my last PR.  Adam ran the same 10K Jenn ran that morning, and his knee has been bugging him, so he paced me on my 5K and helped me get my PR.  I am such a pack runner, and having someone like that helps me big time.  Here is a link to see me cross the finish line.  ROCKER STYLE!

I caught a ride with Jeff and Stefani up and back from the 5K.  It was in Joplin and over an hour away.  We had so much fun and laughed a lot.  Let's just say we were a bunch of 12 year-old kids laughing at everything.  Those poor high school girls at Mazzio's didn't know what to do with us.  Good times...

On Sunday morning, I rolled out of bed sore and tired, but I knew I had 8 miles to run.  I ran 6 with Trisha, because she didn't have anyone to run with, and then I went back out and did two more.  I ran into Jeff while he was heading back and he finished his run with me.  I was really proud of myself and the fact that I went back out and did my last two miles.  The Chris from the past would've just stopped at 6, but I finished strong.

For some reason, I felt like I was going to throw up my whole run today.  I wish I would have, because I think I would've felt better.  I am not the kind of person who can do that on command, and I hate puking, so I just dealt with it and only did 4 miles.  I figure I am going to be running extra on Thanksgiving, so I will make up the miles.  Thanks Trisha for putting up with my sickness this morning.  I am really needing a good Wednesday tempo run. 

Guess what? Only one day of Gannett left after today!!!

4 comments:

it's all about pace said...

nice PR!

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

Great job to your wife! She is speedy, watch out for her!

Anonymous said...

What's a PR?

Caroline said...

good job to both of you!
congrats on your 8 that is fantastic!