Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Utah Trip

I had an amazing weekend!  Thursday after work, we dropped off the kids at my sister's house, and Jenn drove me up to our friends Kevin and Staci's house to stay, and they dropped me off to the airport.  It was an adventure getting up there but we did, and I made my flight.  I am really grateful for their help.

I landed at Salt Lake City around 11 am, picked up my luggage, and noticed that one of my wheels was torn off. It looked like it was dragged and thrown around.  I was not too happy.  I then walked over to pick up my rental car, and the girl at the counter looked at my ID and noticed I had lost a lot of weight. We started talking about it, and she had also lost a bunch. I told her she looked great, and so she then proceeded to upgrade me from an economy car, the cheapest, to a 2012 Volvo S80!  It had all the bells and whistles.  It is a $40,000 car!  I fell in love with it the moment I sat in it.  I was rolling in Salt Lake with style!

 I met up with Davey after he picked up one of his fiance's friends, and we all hung out at Temple Square in downtown SLC until dinner.  We ate at this amazing Brazilian restaurant.  They had an open salad bar, and then they would walk around with different meats and just kept filling up our plates.  Very nice place and great food!

Then, Davey and I went to his bachelor party.  It wasn't your typical bachelor party.  All we did was play a couple of games of glowstick capture the flag with some of his brothers and friends.  Then we met up at JC Burgers and got shakes.  It was a lot of fun.  Then, Davey and I headed over to where we were staying.  It was a super nice home, and we had it all to ourselves.  We had a great time talking and just catching up.  He was very excited about getting married the next day.

We got up the next morning and just took it easy.  We didn't have to be at the temple until 10 am.  We watched a little football and had breakfast.  It was like any other morning, but we were dressed a lot nicer.  We arrived just on time.  The wedding was great.  Davey did cry a little.  I was strong and might've teased him a little about it. I forgot my camera, so I am waiting for others to post pics.

We then had about 4 hours to kill, and so Davey's brother, Richard, and our good friend Dave went to In 'N Out for lunch and met up with my brother Steven. He drove down from Idaho.  We then went and played some mini golf.  It was fun!  Then we headed over to where the reception was being held and took more photos.  Then, we did a mini ring ceremony.  That was really cool.  I had the ring with me and was going to pretend I couldn't find it but thought they would both kill me if I did.

After the ring exchange, they provided dinner for everyone in the wedding party.  It was very good.  They also had a crepe bar!  I was in heaven.  The reception went really well.  Everyone was dancing, and I got to see a lot of old friends.  It was just a fun night!

After the reception, I drove down to Spanish Fork with my brother, and we stayed at an old roommate's house.  Jeff and Mary were great hosts, and we stayed up until 2 in the morning just talking.  It was really good to catch up.  Mary made some really good pancakes for us in the morning.

Steven and I then drove up to Centerville and spent the rest of the day with my cousin Mer and her family.  Then for dinner, we had more of my cousins come over.  It was a fun night, and we laughed a lot.  The food was really good!

Monday morning, Steven and my cousin Mer went on a run with me.  We got about 3 miles in.  It was so hard to breath at that altitude!  I was sucking air early in the run.  I can see why runners love to train in the mountains.  After some breakfast, I said goodbye to my cousin and her family and my brother.  I knew I had a long day of traveling ahead of me.

I got home, read some of my book, and went to bed early that night.  It was a great time, but I was ready to be home with my family.


LittleBrownFamily said...

It was so great to have you with us! I'm so glad you came!
Yeah, running is hard here in Utah. And cycling and every other exercise. It takes a while to condition your lungs to it.

Now's it's back to the grind...good luck with everything!

Becky said...

What a trip! Glad it was fun for you!