Friday, April 8, 2011

I Cannot Wait

Today, Steven and I decided to take it easy before our 5K on Saturday.  We walked on the track and saw some people playing basketball.  I asked Steven, "You wanna play some basketball?"  So we went down and shot for teams. Because we were the new guys, we had that pressure to perform.  Of course, we both missed badly when we took our first shots, but then we fell into a good rhythm and had some fun.  They play every Friday.

Towards the end of our game, in rolls Mom to say good-bye.  Steven and I were on the other end of the court and she yells to us, "Chris! Steven! Have a great day. I love you!"  Oh man, if I was still back in high school, I would've died!  It's a good thing I don't care about that anymore.  I smiled and waved, "See you Saturday, Mom!"

Then I hear from one of the guys, "Thanks for letting them play with us!" That was funny.  All of this reminded me of conversations with my wife.  I cannot wait to embarrass the crap out of my kids in the same way.  I know my wife is going to be the best at it and not even try.  I have already seen her in action when I was a softball coach, and they were not even my kids. 

Just goes to show, it doesn't matter how old you are.  Moms and dads are going to love to embarrass their kids, and I am sooo excited to do that to mine!

5K on Saturday! Time to kill it!

No comments: