Saturday, April 9, 2011

STAND Fit for 5K

So I just ran my second 5K today!  It was the Stand Fit for 5K, and it was a lot of fun and really hard.


I am not used to hills, and this race had many hills.  I really think I need to start finding a route to run with more hills.  The only way to get better at hills is to run hills.  I did it in 40:53; that is 3 minutes faster than last time!  Jenn finished third overall for the females and third in her division.  Two young pups decided to run a little faster than she did.  Jenn feels like she is developing a talent she didn't know she had.

We had most of the same group as last time: Katie, Jenn, Steven, Paul and me.

Waiting at the starting line, my favorite part about this picture is the girl to the left of me picking at a wedgie.  Good picture, Dad!

Jenn finished really strong with 26:42 and was third overall for the ladies.  She is a super hero.

 Steven was not far behind Jenn.  He said, "I don't think I would of went as fast if it wasn't for Jenn."  I think he didn't want her to leave him in the dust.  I will miss running with you, Bro, but you better not stop when you go out to Idaho...  I will kick you.

Paul and I finishing.  He can do these races a whole lot faster, and he stuck back with me.  I am really appreciative of his support!  I also look like I am dying. Well, it's because I was.  That was freaking hard! 

All my girls.  They are so cute.

Thanks again, Coach!

I might be slow, but I am out doing it.  I am changing my life and working hard.  I will get faster, and I will be able to go further.  Right now, I am still changing and still living.  I know if I can do it, so can you!  It doesn't have to be running, just get up and make yourself better.

2 comments:

TxOkWa said...

Congrats to you and your group!!

Unknown said...

Oh man! I love the pictures! You are fabulous, Chris. Your family is as equally fab, too. Steven looks great. And Jenn IS A SUPER HERO INDEED!! Holy Guacamole. 26 min 5k?? WOWZA!! I am so happy for you guys. It looks like you are having an absolute blast.