Tuesday, September 27, 2011

100 Miles

I added up my miles for this month, and after today, I am just 7 miles away from 100!!!  I will hit it on my 4 mile run on Thursday.  I am very excited and shocked that I have been able to do something like this.  I have come so far!

Last night on our Facebook group page, we were talking about what route we wanted to do for our 5 mile recovery run.  Tiffany suggested a route that I really enjoyed up to mile 2 and kept up with Karen.  That is when one of my worst stomach attacks hit. I had to walk and make an unexpected pit stop.  I always wanted to run that route again to see what I could do.  So I wanted to redeem myself, and there was some teasing about why.  FYI, bran flakes and milk are not the best thing to eat the night before a run.  Dairy and fiber...

We didn't pick that route, but it was up by where we ran last time, and I ended up running with Karen again today.  Wouldn't you know it, at mile 2 my stomach started really hurting again!  I had to stop and find another bathroom.  This is the second time it has happened to me.  So I am cursed running in that neighborhood and with Karen.  I teased her about it as well.  She said she had that effect on guys! 

Otherwise, it was a good 5 mile run.  I never really did loosen up.  My calves and thighs were tight but never really hurt.  I am trying to embrace the pain and not give into it.  I am also being smart about it and not getting injured.  My problem is that I give up too easily.  No pain, no gain. 

Wednesday is tempo day.  I am excited to see what I can do!

1 comment:

Terzah said...

Good job, Chris! I was just telling someone else, these mileage tallies are fun. I'll try to keep better track of mine next year. Congrats on your "century"!