Wednesday, September 21, 2011

New Shoes

I had many people tell me that I had been pronating while I run.  I saw it in some photos that were taken of me last weekend.  It was time for some new shoes and, hopefully, a fix. So what better day to go to our local running shoe store, The Starting Block, than the discount day for the Galloway runners.  I run with them on Saturday, so I was able to get the sweet deal for Jenn and I.  She has been having some knee issues, and we figured it was time for some new shoes for her as well.

Check them out! I got Brooks Racer ST5.  I think they fit my personality, and I like the way they feel.  I am trying to fix my pronation issue, so it felt a little funny on my feet at first but felt good when I was running.  I did notice a difference in my calves today; they burned a little more than normal.  Is that because my form was better?  Anyone have any experience with that?

I have been thinking a lot about my races coming up, especially the half marathon.  All my runner friends, what were some of the coolest things you saw when running your races?  Things at your water stops, along the course, or people dressed up.  What were the things that stood out and you remember still?  I am looking for some cool ideas for a project coming up.

2 comments:

SupermomE13 said...

I love love love Brooks!

These are great shoes, BUT, they are racing shoes, and I am not sure they are the best fit for you for every day training (especially if your calves hurt already). Be careful doing a lot of miles in these. You may be better off with the Brooks Ravenna (for mild overpronation) or the Adrenaline (for average overpronation). These are better cushioned shoes and would correct the overpronation and give you support/cushioning for every day training. :)

Terzah said...

My husband and I ran the Bay to Breakers 12K in San Francisco in 2004. It's a crazy race. It took us 20 minutes to get to the start line after the gun went off. So it wasn't a race for time. But we saw so many sights. Naked people. Centipede runners. A group of girls leap-frogging each other for the whole course.

The coolest animal I've ever seen on a run was last spring, when I was followed on a trail run above Boulder by a red fox with a black squirrel in his mouth. But I've also seen bighorn sheep, elk and snakes on my runs.