Friday, September 2, 2011

NAMI 5k Tonight

I am going to be running the NAMI 5k tonight.  I didn't think I was going to be able to do it, but let's just say Nixa Running is amazing and the best running group EVER!  I am very excited about doing it.  This will be my first 5k with the group in my Nixa blue!  I am not going to go for a PR.  I know I could get one because I have improved so much, but I have a 10 mile run in the morning.  So I promised that I would not kill myself but just have fun with Nixa.

One of the cool things about this race is the Team Award. We are going as Nixa Running, and I think we have it in the bag!  I am sure we will have tons of fun pictures later!

I was talking to my Mom last night, and I mentioned that I was running a 5k. She started laughing and ask me if I realized what I said.  I didn't know what was funny about me running a 5k, and then she pointed out that at the start of this year I trained for 3 months for my first ever 5k.  I also made a Facebook group and invited everyone to it.  I talked about it for all those 3 months like it was a marathon.  I am pretty sure I carb-loaded the night before my first 5k.  It was a big deal.  Now I am just mentioning to her in passing about a 5k I am doing.  That is pretty cool.  It shows me how far I have come.  I never would've thought I would be running 3 miles for fun.  Not only am I running 3.1 miles tonight, I am running 10 more in the morning at 6 am.  Who wakes up at 4:30 am on a Saturday to go run...  THIS GUY!

Have a great weekend!  Anything fun planned for tonight?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too will be running the NAMI 5K tonight so will see you there. Good luck on your short run tonight and longer run tomorrow morning. You go!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's amazing.

We are headed to a firepit gathering tonight and hanging out tomorrow.

Terzah said...

Chris, just catching up with your blog. Wow! You look great!! You must be so psyched. I hope all the running this weekend was fun, including the casual 5K. Congrats to your wife on her big miles, too. You are inspiring!