Friday, September 30, 2011

Much Needed Rest Day

I needed a day off.  Fridays are a rest day for me, and I took full advantage of it this morning.  I woke up at 4 am with Jenn.  She wanted me to make sure she got up and ran with some of the girls from Nixa.  Once I was awake, it was really hard to go back to sleep, but I did.  Then, Micah came into my room at 6 saying his throat was hurting.  He was running a temp, so we got him some meds and back to bed. When Jenn got home, she was telling me about her run and how much she enjoyed it.  She really likes running with other people.  It was a nice relaxing morning; my body needed it. 

We have a busy weekend ahead of us.  I am running 8 on Saturday, and then on Sunday, I will be running two water stations and starting the marathon part of the Kicking 66 Mother Road Run.  It will be a lot of fun, but it will keep us busy. 

My friend Allyn is running the 50 miler, and he is raising money for Team Olivia.  Five members of Nixa Running ran a 50 miler in Tulsa this year to raise money for Team Olivia, and Allyn was one of them.  He decided he wanted to do it again.  All money raised will go towards the ADA.  We can help find a cure for diabetes.  Please consider donating!  Click Here.

I am really excited to help in another great race and a great cause this weekend.

No comments: