Thursday, September 29, 2011

But I Don't Have Time To Workout

I just ran my 100th mile for the month today.  Just for fun, I ran an extra mile to make it 101 miles!  Amy and I were talking about what I was doing a year ago and if I could've imagined that I would be running 100 miles in a month.  It is crazy how far I have come and how far I will keep going!

Something I hear a lot when I talk to people about working out and losing weight is, "I do not have enough time to workout."  I call BS!  I run with someone who has two teenage kids and two jobs and still makes it out at 4:45 am to run.  I have some online friends with 12 kids, and they wake up early and work together, so they can both get their run and still take care of their family and jobs. 

If these people can do it and all the other people who work out daily can do it, you can too.  It is not like we all have free time coming out our ears.  You have to make the time, you have to give something to get something.  You will have to get up early or turn off the TV.  Get up and do it.  Starting is one of the hardest parts, but once you are going, you feel so good!  I feel the best I ever have.  I have had to work for it and give up a lot of my Saturdays and TV, but I would do it again in a heart beat. 

I will be your biggest fan!  Let me know what you will do next week to get up and go.  Let me know how I can help you.  Emails, phone calls, meet and workout together! I am here!  You got this.  Let's go!

5 comments:

it's all about pace said...

101 - nice!

Run with Jess said...

Getting up early is so hard, but once you do, it is SO worth it!! I love getting out of bed before everyone & getting my "work" done. Congrats on 101! Always an achievement to have a 100 mile month!!

SupermomE13 said...

101 miles is AWESOME!!! Congrats Chris!!!

I think that in life we make time for what is important to us. People have enough time to watch hours of TV or spend hours on the internet or playing video games... It just takes deciding that exercising is important, and then anyone can make time for it.

You are such a great example to those around you!! Keep up the great work! :)

Perpetual Beginner said...

I am absolutely not a morning person - but I have discovered that if I get dressed for running before I wake up kid #1 for school, I can run in the 40 minute slot between getting kid #1 out the door, and needing to be home to get kid #2 out. If I then walk #2 to school, it makes a nice cool down, or I can run a little more, without needing to eat up a huge slot of time.

Sometimes it's about finding creative places to fit stuff in.

Big Clyde said...

Greeat post and just what I needed. I am starting a challenge for October. Please check out my site tomorrow and join in if you want to. I am going to be trying to follow in your footsteps.

BC