Tuesday, March 15, 2011

How Far I Have Come

There was a new person in boot camp today who has just started his weight loss journey.  The class had to partner up to count our sets. I made sure we were partners, because I wanted to encourage him to work hard.  He is not as heavy as I was when I started, but I could tell he had a hard time.  For me, having another person around my physical level feels better than someone who can crank out a million sets.

While we were working out, I realized how far I have come in the last 71 days.  I had to stop and sit out in my first boot camp class; now I can do almost all the reps on some days. I could barely run a minute at a time, and now I am running 30+ minutes non-stop.  I am wearing clothes I have not been able to wear in 4 years.  I am more confident and active, and before, I would sit around and do nothing. 

It is such a great feeling.  If I can do it, anyone can.  It was great to share that with my workout partner today, and I hope he saw me as an example to keep coming to boot camp and to keep working hard.  If I can do it, anyone can.  You just have to get off your butt, and DO IT!

No comments: