Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Offical Weigh-in 3/1/11

Okay followers, today was a weigh-in, and I am 290 lbs! That is 40 lbs from the day I started this blog and a total weight loss of 43 lbs.  That really makes me feel good.  I have a long way to go, but I feel a lot better.  5K this weekend!  Just going to keep going.

So after my workout today, and after I managed to get one of the small towels they provide around my waste, I headed back for my shower.  The locker rooms are connected to the pool area, and each locker room has a hot tub, steam room, and sauna right after you come in from the pool.  The showers are right next to the steam room.  I walk back and see a girl come in from the pool entrance.  I stop at the glass door to the showers and just stare at her in shock.  She sees me and the half dozen naked men behind me.  Talk about your deer-in-headlights look.  She turned bright red and almost ran out of the locker room.  I was the only one who saw her.  I got a good laugh out of it.  It's a good thing I managed to get the towel around me this time.  Reason #4235 to lose weight:  "Being able to wear the towel at the gym."

I guess I am not one to talk.  The same thing has happened to me before.  I went to a hot spring "Nat Soo Pah" with my real good friend Shane and his family and Nate Dogg.  We had a good time, and there was a slide that was fun. 

I decided to take another turn down the slide while Nate and Shane got changed.  I wore my suit to the hot spring, so I didn't change when we got there.  I went into the changing room and started to change after I finished the slide.  It was a long row of changing stations with curtains.  I remember thinking, this is really nice that they have curtains, because the guys' changing rooms normally do not have that.  As I was changing, I started hearing female voices. That is funny, I thought, they are in the guys' changing room. I then started hearing more female voices.  That is when I realized I was in the girls' changing room.

I changed so fast I think The Flash would have been impressed.  I then peaked my head around the curtain to make sure the coast was clear and ran out of the changing room.  As I turned the corner, Nate Dogg was coming out of the guys' changing room.  He looked at me and then up at the sign of were I was.  "SHUT UP AND COME HERE!" I said.  Oh man, they got a good laugh out of that.  Talk about embarrassing. 

So for the girl who walked into our locker room today, I feel for ya.

No comments: