Saturday, March 12, 2011

Our Kids Will See Our Example

As we started making our life changes with our food and exercise, Jenn and I both knew this would be great for our young family.  I know what it is like to be the fat kid, and it was hard.  I want my kids to have fitness and healthy food in their lives.  Jenn and I know we have to be the example.

Micah the last few weeks has been saying, "When I become a dad, I can run like you!"  We knew we needed to embrace that excitement and start running with him now.  Every Saturday, Jenn and I will take Micah and run.  We are going to do the Cox Medical Mile fun run with him in June! He is so excited.

Micah and I ran today for a quarter mile, and he rocked it!  I was so proud of him.  He kept running and had a lot of fun.

We are going to be a family of runners.  And, we don't diet; we just eat healthy and the right portions.  Loving life!

No comments: