Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Life Goals

My weight and inactive lifestyle truly defined who I was and how I thought of myself.  I did not think I was good enough for really anything.  I once had a boss tell me that I would never get a good job, because no one would hire an overweight person.  I baulked at that notion but accepted it at the same time.  I did not think I was good enough or even deserved something better than what I had.

Yesterday, I read Sunday's Pearls Before Swine comic, and at first I laughed, but then I really started thinking about where I am now and what I want to do.


The old me would have just accepted this as my reality, but now I really want to live.  I know we have to work and pay bills, but do we have to do something you hate day in and day out?  I am good enough to find a job that I will enjoy.  I am a people person, and I love to work with others.  I am a positive person, and I like to laugh.  I do not enjoy being stuck behind a desk 8+ hours a day doing the same thing over and over again.

So, Operation Discover Myself has been implemented.  I am not going to sell all of my possessions and move my family to Cancun, Mexico. (Don't tempt me.) But I am going to really discover what I love and what I want to do and really work towards it, just like I have with my health.  I really wanted to start running, and I have done it.  I am doing it.  I will take this heavy step in my life and work towards bettering myself for myself and my family.  No more just getting by, no more accepting my fate.  I am in charge of who I am and what I work towards.

I want to share an amazing video I saw last night.  Be motivated, and do not be discouraged!  Take those heavy steps.  They are heavy because they are hard, but they get easier and lighter!


No comments: