Monday, June 6, 2011

Weekend Running Recap

Saturday was one of the best days I have had in a very long time.  We started the day off by waking up at 5:30 am.  We got ready for the race.  Micah was so excited.  We met at my mom's office right next to the Meyer Center to meet up with everyone.

Micah's race was first, and we took a shuttle to the starting line.  There were different heats in this race, but instead of running in our assigned heats, we ran with Micah.  So our official times are pretty funny.  Micah ran the whole time!  He was so cute.  He thought everyone was cheering just for him.  One of his running class coaches saw him and cheered him on.  At about 3/4 a mile, he looked at me and said, "Dad...  This is HARD."  The whole race we complemented him and told him how proud we were of him.  He did an amazing job and ran his mile just over 13 minutes.  He is going to be a running rock star!

After Micah's race, we didn't have much time to rest before our 5k.  We met up with Paul and lined up to start.  They shut down National St. right in front of the Myer Center for this!  We wanted to find someone that was going to be running around Jenn's pace and put her up front.  She did amazing and ran her race in just over 25 minutes.  That was a new PR for her.  Paul ran with me again, and we did the 1 min run/1 min walk intervals.  We had a pretty good time and had a lot of fun doing it.  We laughed and joked most of the race.  We finished in just over 40 minutes.  This was my sister Jeni's first race, and she walked with my mom for the majority of it.  The last 3/10 of a mile they ran!  They did their race in just over 47 minutes!  That was very good.  They walked at a good pace and then kicked in at the end!  I'm very proud of her, and I think she might have caught the running/walking bug!  Hope to see her at more races!

After the race, Paul drove me to where my running group was, and he ran another 3 miles with me.  I ran a total of 7 miles that day and 13 miles for the week.  That is the farthest I have gone in one week!  Very cool.

Jenn and I also went on a date that night and had sushi at a place called Izumi Hatake Sushi Bar & Grill.  The food was AMAZING!  I highly recommend it to anyone!  Then, we went to the arcade 1984 and played all the good old school games.  We had a lot of fun.  Saturday was an amazing day.

Today, I could not get my legs going the way I wanted to.  I was still sore from Saturday.  I did get my 2.5 miles in this morning, but man, was it hard to get moving.  I was hoping that after the first few minutes my legs would loosen up, but they didn't.  I will ice them, and I hope I will be ready to go again Tuesday. 

Happy Monday!!!


SupermomE12 said...

Congrats to all of you on a great race! ANd great job on the mileage. It is normal for your legs to be tired. They will bounce back. :) Great job!

~Beck~ said...

Awesome! Glad it was so much fun and you guys did great!