Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Man Must Consistantly Exceed His Level

My old roommate and really good friend, Tom, sent me a link to a really cool photo of Bruce Lee and his workout partner.
Click on it to see a larger version

We will hit plateaus, and we will hit obstacles, but we still have to push through them.  We should not put limits on what we can do.  We can always do more and work a little harder and go a little further. We just have to keep going forward.

Thanks for sharing this with me, Tom!  Tom and I are also talking about running a marathon a year.  We will make it a tradition.  We would run a different one in every state and become a part of the Marathon Fanatics club!

I got some new shoes yesterday.  They are Saucony Progrid Ride 3's.  They feel great on my feet! They were my least favorite style of shoe but felt the best.  I knew I needed to get what felt better and not just style.  I was professionally fitted at The Starting Block.  Melissa did a great job!
Jenn and I did our own boot camp at home today, because she needed the van.  We worked our butts off.  I think Steve would've been proud of what I put Jenn and I through today!

1 comment:

SupermomE13 said...

I heard once that every serious runner should buy their running shoes with a blindfold on and completely go by feel and not even know how the shoe looks. :) I am glad you got the ones that felt good. I think they are pretty awesome looking though too!! Make sure you keep track now of how many miles you put on them so you know when to replace them. The only time I have had a serious injury was when I first started training for a half marathon and put too many miles on a pair of shoes before I replaced them.