Thursday, June 30, 2011

Short Legs and Double Duty

I went to bed early last night, excited to wake up at 4 and run with Nixa Running.  When my alarm went off at 4 am, I wasn't as excited as I was when I went to bed.  I am really glad I did go run, though.  They are a nice group!  I ran the majority of the time and took a few more walk breaks towards the end of the run.  I was told we did 4 miles today!  I enjoy running with people.  I really think this is going to be a regular thing!

I was surprised when I saw what time it was when we were done; it was before 6 am.  I was just going to run, shower and clean up, and go to work for the day, but when I got to the fitness center, boot camp was just starting.  Sooo, I went to boot camp!  I am crazy, but I had fun.  I think I will be doing double on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  I think that will help increase my fitness and my weight loss. 

I am 5'11" and a half!  I am .5 inches away from being 6 foot!  I am so stinking close to the 6 foot mark, it drives me nuts!  My legs are not long. I am all torso.  Jenn and I found out last night that if we stand hip to hip, our hips touch at the same spot.  Jenn is 5'2".  My legs are the length of a 5'2" person.  It is no wonder I have always been a slow walker/runner.   How does that even work?!?!!?

Happy Thursday, everyone!

2 comments:

SupermomE13 said...

Happy THursday! And great job this morning! You are right, adding in the Boot camp (or any cross training/strength training) will help with the running, your overall fitness and your weight loss.

And too funny about your height... I am 5'4 1/2 and always streeeeeetch the truth a bit and say 5'5".

And one of my sons is built like you... he is all torso too. I say short legs can be just as fast as long legs... most of the elite runners are tiny little people with short legs. :)

Glad you are feeling better!

Perpetual Beginner said...

That's very similar to my husband - he's 6'6", I'm 5'7", but our legs are within an inch of the same length. When I sit down next to him, I look like I sat in a hole.

In our case, he's slightly long in the torso, and I'm very short-waisted with long legs. I'm the tallest person you're ever likely to see shopping in the petites department, but if I'm after dresses the proportions are better in petites.