Friday, January 28, 2011

Hide Your Kids, Hide Your Wife, Because Week 4.. I'm Coming To Get Ya

I finished week 3!  I did not stop, I worked hard and did it.  I am really excited/nervous for week 4.  My brother finished it today and I am really proud of him. 

At the Meyer Center where I workout one of the trainers run a program started by Jeff Galloway.  It trains you for a Marathon!  I contacted the trainer a few weeks ago and we talked yesterday.  We talk and I told her where I was physically and what I am working towards and asked her if she realistically feels like I could do this program and be successful.  She told me I would be. 

So I am going to take the leap of faith and start with in May and train towards the Bass Pro Marathon in November. It is a 6 month program.  I know it is very ambitious, but I know that if I train right and listen to my body, I can do it.  Jeff Galloway focuses on Run/Walking the Marathon and doing it injury free.  Sounds about right for me.  The person in charge of the program here in Springfield seems like a lot of fun as well.  Lets see how the cards fall.  First thing first...  5k!  Look out March 5th..

Edit:  I forgot to tell everyone.  Monday is my official weigh-in.  I will be posting photos as well.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are super awesome cousin! I'm so proud of you and I know you can do it! I'll get there myself one day, but I'm not too focused on a marathon. LOL. One step at a time! Love you lots!