Thursday, January 13, 2011

Runner's Log 1/12/11

Here is my meal plan for this week:  I forgot to post it on Monday.


Monday - Friday
Breakfast: 1 scrambled egg, 1 whole wheat tortilla, small banana, 1 cup of milk
Lunch: Leftovers or Healthy Choice frozen meals

Snacks In Between: Protein bar or yogurt, fruit

Dinner
Monday: Mexican Chicken Soup
Tuesday: Wild Rice Chicken Bake
Wednesday: Baked Chimichangas
Thursday: Creamy Chicken Stew
Friday: Pita Pizza

If you would like a recipe of any of my meals, let me know, and I would be happy to share them with you.

1 comment:

wam said...

Just as a suggestion, but you might want to consider adding a couple of egg whites to your scrambled egg. The egg white has none of the fat associated with eggs (that's in the yolk), and gives appx 4g of protein for only 17 calories, helping you to avoid muscle loss during weight loss (plus helping you feel "full" longer). I now do 2 regular eggs and 2 eggs worth of egg whites in my scrambled eggs (and omelettes). Mushrooms and spinach are also good to throw in there (big on volume/taste, but small on calories). A slice of lean ham is also a good addition (slightly more calories to add though).

To get the egg whites, I just pass the yolk from egg shell to egg shell and let the whites fall in to my mixing bowl. You can either toss the egg yolks down the sink drain or fry it up and give it to a dog or other pet. Eggs really have gotten a terrible rap. They truly are a powerhouse of a food (especially if you can buy them directly from a local farmer).