Friday, January 7, 2011

One Tubby Tubby...

Run day three is in the bag and it feels good.  I went to bed earlier got up on time and did my run.  It feels good to set goals and work towards them.  I also have worked out 5 times this week.  I know now why I was in such a funk and so depressed before.  I wasn't working towards anything.  I was just existing.  I woke up with just enough time to shower and get to work on time.  I would put my 8 hours in and come home and play video games.  Rinse and repeat.  That is not living that is just existing.  

I could just hear Major Payne yelling at me this morning when I was getting ready to run, "Let me see that belly roll. One, tubby tubby. Come on pork chop. Two, tubby tubby."  The last time in my life that I really tried running was when I was 14 years old and was trying to get in shape before Freshman Year football season.  My good friend Scott Blevins and my Mom both ran with me for about 3 weeks so I wouldn't fall over dead during two day practices.  I remember me and Scott when we would run we would quote the movie Major Payne and we would always laugh at the Tubby Tubby quote.  I kind of felt it funny that 14 years later when I got ready for my run I could hear Scott quoting Major Payne in my head.  
 Let me see that belly roll. One, tubby tubby. Come on pork chop. Two, tubby tubby.

No comments: