Thursday, August 25, 2011

Three Things Thursday

I have not done a Three Things Thursday in a while and thought it would be fun to do today.

1. I only ran 2.5 miles this morning.  I took it easy and tried to save a little energy for my morning boot camp.  The run felt really good, and the hills kicked my butt.  Then boot camp was nice.  I had not participated in a few weeks, and a lot of people said they missed me and were glad I was back.  That is always nice.

2.  I have not been able to get a full week of workouts in since the week of the 4th of July.  I have been on and off sick for that long.  I am so grateful/hopeful that this thing has been taken care of. The meds have been tearing up my stomach, but it is a lot better than having Giardia.  Just want this to be done.  After my run on Saturday, I will have put in 25 miles this week! 

3. The locker room at the fitness center is so awkward.  There are a bunch of old guys walking around buck naked like it's nothing.  They will stand a foot from each other and have 15 minute conversations in nothing but their birthday suit.  I don't know what it is like in the lady's locker room, but it can get very odd in the male locker room.  I get in, shower, and get out of there in good time.  I am not able to have naked time with a bunch of 60-year-old dudes.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!  WE ARE ONE DAY CLOSER TO FRIDAY!

What are your awkward locker room stories? 

2 comments:

SupermomE13 said...

I am not a locker room fan, but luckily I am almost never in one. :)

SO GLAD you are feeling better and being able to run again. Great job on the mileage! I bet in a week or two you will be surprised at how strong you feel.

Carolyn Cox said...

From what I remember of the women's bathroom, they don't stand around like that. They will talk, but usually are busy getting dressed.