Saturday, May 21, 2011

4 Mile Run and Strength Class

I ran 4 miles today.  I ran 4 miles today.....  I RAN 4 MILES TODAY!!  Five months ago, I would have never dreamed of saying that.  The funny thing is that the people I ran with today talked about how 4 miles is going to be nothing in a few months.  How cool is that.  I have run 3 5k's and felt extremely tired after.  I did my 4 miles and felt great.  I could've kept going.  

Jenn and I went to our normal group strength class afterwards.  It was just as hard as ever.  I was so exhausted after.  But I did it.  I worked hard, and I enjoyed it.

Next week, we are running 5 miles.  I am very excited for the run.  Life is good.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

That is really awesome! I want to be able to run someday also.

Chris @ Heavy Steps said...

Stephanie you will, you just have to go do it. Its not easy but its so doable! Have fun and rock it!

Mike said...

Grats Chris!
And it is true about 4 miles being nothing after awhile. Keep up the training and keep increasing your training volume and 4 miles will eventually be a really short run, like 30 minutes and you'll wonder if you worked out hard enough.