Thursday, May 12, 2011

Frustration

These last few days have been frustrating.  I know I have seen a lot of progress, and I have come a long way, but I have had some bad days lately.  It just seems like I still have so far to go and so much weight to lose.  This last month I have not been losing the weight as I hoped to, and I really feel stuck on this plateau. 

Jenn did point out that I have already lost 60 lbs, and that is great!  I am feeling overwhelmed by the thought of losing another 60.  I feel weak when it comes to those little extra things I have been eating.  It ticks me off.  I know I should not eat that brownie or ice cream cone, but when it's put in front of me, I give in.  Or that extra 4-5 bites of dinner.  I had my serving, but I go and get another few bites. 

Boot camp today was good.  I got there a little late but had a good workout.  Thanks to those of you who have donated to the charity I am running for.  We still have a lot of time to donate.  Please check it out.

I would really like to hear from you! If you have any thoughts or suggestions on how I (or anyone) can improve physically or mentally, please comment below. This blog is not only a place to see my progress; it is a place where anyone can ask questions and find answers on how to become more fit. Also, if you have any tips on making my blog more interesting, please let me know. I want to make sure you guys keep reading.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, Chris! I am still here! Still reading! And most definitely still appreciating it. It is nice to hear your thoughts and struggles. And furthermore, it is SO NICE that somebody else goes through the same things that I do. Take it one day at a time! This is a life style, not a temporary fix. Remember the bigger picture, but build the puzzle a piece at a time. Keep rocking!

Maggie said...

Are you doing the blog for the readers or for you? Is it about popularity or accountability? I understand what you're saying, but it's not about the readers any more than getting healthy is about anybody but you and how it will affect your family.

Just my thoughts. :) You ARE making progress so keep up the great work!!

Chris @ Heavy Steps said...

You are right Maggie. I am doing this for me, I guess part of my personality is I look for others for confirmation of what I am doing is good or correct. I think that is part of my self image struggle. I also want to help others and I do hope that what I am saying in my blog is helping.

Thank you Katie! I try to be honest and say what I feel in my blog. It is a one day at a time process and some days are better than others.

SupermomE13 said...

Sorry about the frustration. Plateaus are totally normal. I found that changing things up a little... with my diet and my exercise... usually helped get through them. And definitely try to think positive! Think of how far you have come and how much you have accomplished. Make small goals for yourself so you don't get overwhelmed with the thought of losing 60 more lbs. Celebrate small goals and small victories. You are doing great!

Kalien said...

If I think about the BIG picture too much, I also get frustrated! I have to think of 5 pound increments and the total I've already lost; not the total on how much I have to lose. Easier said than done! I recently put up photos all over my house to remind me why I want to lose the weight. Putting a picture of an itsy bitsy bikini or an old photo of what I looked like helps me not grab that cookie or other serving of food. AND blogs like yours are inspiring, and help me remain positive about where I'm at and where I'm going.

Kalien said...

P.S. I love your blog because it doesn't have all the other "extras" to tire my eyes, ha. It's all about changing your life to become healthy and what you are feeling that day. You are doing great!

Chris @ Heavy Steps said...

I had a lot of really nice comments and Blogger Deleted this post and the comments. I am sorry for those of you who commented. Thank you for the nice words. I did not delete them. :(