Friday, May 27, 2011

Food... It's a Love Hate Thing

I took today off work primarily because it is a food day.  Food Day at my work is when everyone brings in food, and then we eat it all day.  I am serious... all day.  As soon as you walk in the door everyone is scrambling to get a plate of food.  8 am people!  I am just as bad. 

Last Food Day, I was strong up until lunch.  There were cupcakes.  I had a cupcake.  There was also trail mix, and I had a handful of that.  It was down hill from there.  By the time I walked out that door,  I had 5 cupcakes, a whole bowl of salsa and chips, 5 deviled eggs, and who knows what else I managed to sneak.  It was sad.  I am a mess. But, I know my weaknesses.  I ran away overcame them today and made this into a family day!  We are going to go see a movie and go eat at the park. 

But seriously, I need to get my food choices in line.  I am so weak again.  I am no where as bad as I once was, but my serving sizes are bigger.  If someone asks me if I want something, I cannot say no.  I am eating my healthy food, but when I mix it with the junk here and there throughout the day, it is no wonder I have lost very little weight.  So it's operation refocus, reduce, and reuse...  Close the loop (my mouth). 

I know I can do this.  I have worked too hard to let it go.  On a happy side, I am not struggling with doing my workouts.  I love it!  I love running and boot camp.  I just wish I loved eating only 1500-2000 calories a day as well.  CURSE YOU, PERRY THE PLATYPUS!!!!!!

2 comments:

SupermomE13 said...

Part of making good eating choices and overcoming our weaknesses is to avoid situations that will be challenging, so you made a great choice. Maybe next year you could bring a few healthier options so you can eat too, and let yourself indulge in a treat or two.

Have a great family day!

Gail B said...

I totally feel ya on the food thing. total love/hate relationship.