Thursday, May 19, 2011

Three Things Thursday

Today is Three Things Thursday, and I wanted to share three things I am thankful for!

1. I am so thankful for my family.  I could not do this without the support of my amazing wife.  She helps me make sure I am awake in the morning.  My breakfast is packed, and I am out the door to get my workout in.  She is also supporting me by working out at home.  She has finish P90X and is restarting the program this week.  Micah is such a stud and is having a lot of fun in his running class.  He ran a 13:11 mile.  He is almost 5 and can run a mile faster than most adults!  My two girls are so cute.  Their smiles light up my day.

2. I am grateful for my friends.  You all have helped keep me accountable by checking up on me and making sure I am staying with this program.  That has helped me not quit.  Any time I feel discouraged or want to cheat on my food choices, my friend, Jim, asks me if he needs to punch me, because if I quit, he will do it.  All the comments, notes, and e-mails have made a world of difference to me in this process. 

3. I am thankful for running and boot camp.  I seriously look forward to them.  I have hardly missed a day, and if I do, I feel so bad.  Those things have become such a part of who I am now.  Boot camp is helping me build muscle and core strength.  Steve is a great instructor and a really nice guy.  His workouts are things that he would want to do, and he really pushes us hard.  I still hate the Dirty Dozen (we did it again today).  Running is not something I am good at yet, but I enjoy doing it.  I really enjoy running with people.  I think this Marathon Training group is going to take me to the next level.

It is going to be a great day!  What are you thankful for on this Thursday?

3 comments:

Mrs. Mom said...

You know as I was watching week 20 of Biggest Loser I was so impressed with how all of the contestants said that they felt like they had found the athlete inside. I think athletic ability might come easier to some than others but everyone is an athlete as long as they choose to discover it.

Chris @ Heavy Steps said...

I think I posted a quote on facebook a while ago. "Everyone is an athlete, just some are in training and others are not" Something like that. Thanks Sarah

SupermomE13 said...

You are doing great! Having support from friends and family makes such a huge difference.

This Thursday (and every THursday) I am thankful for my husband, my 12 kids, my Father in Heaven and my ability to run. :) I am also thankful that the school year is almost over! :)