Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Time To Go To Work

I have started fundraising for the charity I am running for in the Bass Pro Marathon. They set up a webpage to help me with the whole process.  It is very exciting.  Check it out.

I am running for the American Cancer Society in honor of my Grandpa Crosby.  We do not live close to him, and I wish I could be there to help support him.  This is my way of doing it in Missouri.  American Cancer Society has started a whole campaign about helping people with cancer celebrate a new birthday.  I know the money we raise will go toward saving lives and helping me and you celebrate another birthday with a loved one. 

We all have someone in our lives that has had cancer or has been affected by it.  Please consider donating. If you would like, you could dedicate your donation to a loved one, and I will wear a ribbon with their name on it.  We can do this with everyone's support.  I need to raise $1000 before the race, and I can only do it with your help.  Every cent counts.  Thank you! Chris's Link

Great run today.  It's getting warm out there, and I'm not used to running in warm weather.  I need to get a new water bottle I can run with.

1 comment:

wam said...

I bought http://www.rei.com/product/798351/amphipod-runlite-airstretch-2-hydration-belt-21-oz from a local running store and very much like it. It can be worn high (on the stomach) or low (on the hips). It doesn't generally bounce around, but if it does, it's easy to tighten the belt while running (with its velcro belt). The bottles can be oriented either vertically (my preference) or horizontally and can be spaced anywhere on the belt (I like them at my back, but I've seen others wearing them on the side and front). Other hydration belts have fixed locations for the bottles and fixed orientations. You can also buy individual bottles ala cart that attach to the belt if you need to expand your fluid capacity.

The belt also comes with two pockets. One is fairly large and can be used to carry gu packs or other snacks, along with a cell phone. The other one is cleverly hidden inside the belt itself and is suitable for a car key (so you don't have to worry about it bouncing out a pocket during a race). Overall, I'm very happy with this purchase. I wore it on my first half marathon, even though the race had plenty of aid stations set up.