Monday, May 30, 2011

Offical Weigh-in and Memorial Day 5k

I weighed myself today.  I know it's not the first of June, but it is Monday, and I felt like starting it off that way.  Sooo I weighed myself, and I now weigh......... 266.3!  WOOT WOOT!!!!  Feels pretty dang good.  I am on the right track.  I am going to keep working out and running and see the weight come off.  I love that I am doing it the right and healthy way.  Life is good.  I will be in the 250's before I know it.

Today has been an all around good day.  I set a new PR on my 5k.  I ran it in 39:34.  That is over a minute improvement!  I am going to keep shaving the time off.  Another cool thing is that I did it using the Jeff Galloway method of run/walk/run.  I started the race running for about 3 minutes just to stay with the pack.  Then, I started my one minute run/one minute walk process.  Once I got towards the end, I was able to sprint in.  Very cool feeling.  The race was in Nixa, and there were a lot of people from OMRR there.  Chris Revoir is the president of OMRR, and he remembered me from helping out with the Frisco 50 mile and said hi.  It was nice to talk to him.  I really want to be move involved in that world.  They all seem like a lot of really nice people.

Because of my weight loss and my 5k time, I decided I was going to mow my lawn with my shirt off.  I wanted to get some sun, and this skin has not seen that in several years.  I was brave enough to do that and start working on my tan.  That was a big step for me.  Got to show off my muscles!

We also had BBQ for dinner tonight.  We had chicken, and Jenn surprised me with a Kobe steak!  It was amazing.  I made a pretty good dry rub and got it ready to go.  Dinner was good and healthy.  It was an all around good day.  I am sad that my 4 day weekend is almost over.  I love my family!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! That sounds wonderful!

e. said...

Terrific! That's really so great, Chris. You're an inspiration to EVERYONE!!