Monday, May 23, 2011

Doctors Appointment

I was in so much pain this morning.  I woke up at 3:30 am and felt just like death.  If you have never had swimmer's ear or an ear infection, let me tell you, it sucks... bad.  I was able to get back to sleep around 4 am, and I slept until 7 am.  Jenn called our doctor, and he was able to see me at 9 am.  I got up and ready and ran out the door in time to make it right at 9. 

The cool thing was the first thing he said to me, about how much weight I've lost and how great it was.  So, that was cool.  He did confirm that I have swimmer's ear and gave me some antibiotics. He said I should feel better in a couple of days.  I asked him if I could still run and work out, and he said yes.  So I am going to do my run tonight. 

Please keep your thoughts and prayers with the people in Joplin, Mo.  So many people have been killed and homes destroyed.  They are only an hour from our house, and that same storm hit us later that night.  We were safe, though, as it didn't put down tornadoes by us.  We feel really blessed.

1 comment:

Perpetual Beginner said...

Yep - been there, done that. Swimmer's ear sucks big time. You should start feeling better really quickly once the antibiotics kick in, though.

Prayers for the people in Minneapolis as well. They had a tornado in the north part of the city, where my brother lives. We haven't heard from him as to whether their house was damaged, but there weren't many fatalities, so we're inclined to be optimistic, since if he or his wife or kids were hurt, we'd definitely have heard.